Thursday, December 4, 2008

Peter J. Munson...I really am sorry!


Never in my life did I think that I would ever be married to an author. Three years ago when Pete was working on his masters degree he decided that he would write his thesis on Iraq. What better subject for a student studying the middle eastern region. Some of his teachers were intrigued by the subject and thought that it would make a fantastic book. Well, he and I both knew that writing a book is something that takes time. Time is something that he didn't have a lot of. After the thought of him writing a book and a good laugh, the subject was dropped. HOWEVER, he started coming home a little later, staying up a little later, and spent some of the weekend closed in a tiny little office in our home. I remember him coming to me and saying, I think I am going to write the book. Still laughing, I said great, and good luck. I seriously thought that he was wasting so much of his time, my time, and time that could be spent with the kids. Even though he really didn't spend that much time away from us, I still thought any time working on this "book" was wasting time and even nick-named him "time waster". Well, I think I owe him a huge apology because, the book can be pre-ordered at Amazon. It will be on the stands at bookstores (still not beliving this) in June.

2 comments:

Starbucks Mom said...

Rick is floored and in awe of Pete! Way to go, wish I could do that! Amazing!!! Congrats Pete

Madden Family said...

We will order our copy! the Maddens