Saturday, January 3, 2009

A day of Top Gun...




Yesterday we decided to take a trip back to 1986. We left our house and headed to MCAS Miramar (to fill up the car). They filmed scenes for Top Gun here. Also filmed at Miramar were Pensacola Wings of Gold, USO Comedy Tour, and Eyes of the Navy. Then we headed downtown San Diego for lunch. Where did we stop??? Kansas City BBQ of course. This is where they filmed the bar scenes. The piano is still there...GREAT BALLS OF FIRE!! I didn't get any photos of the piano but I promise to do that next time.






The food is amazing....Smoked pork and chicken, baked beans, corn on the cob, and french fries. It was a fantastic Munson Family Day. Oh, I forgot, it didn't end there....We got invited to David Copperfields magic teachers birthday party (it's this Sunday) and took the kids to see Marley and Me. I have to tell you, it's like Old Yeller all over again.

1 comment:

Starbucks Mom said...

Wow I wanna go to that pork place. YUM I wouldn't have known that's where they filmed the bar scene. That's funny about Top Gun, I was just watching it on Starz or something the other morning. Ahhhhh memories