Thursday, February 26, 2009

Yes, a concert for recorders...




Yesterday I was in attendance for Riley's first fourth grade recorder concert. There were probably 100 4th grade students playing these recorders (little plastic flutes). They have been been playing only four weeks now and starting and stopping isn't always on cue. However, they can read music and every song was distinguishable. Bravo to the 4th graders at Westwood Elementary. The concert was about 30 minutes ( I don't think I could have taken much more) and it was great seeing the kids so happy. Riley has decided that for 5th grade he is going to play the saxophone. I think he's really going to enjoy that.

Riley's friend Thomas (he's also our neighbor) wants to play the saxophone. Good Luck Boys :)

1 comment:

Starbucks Mom said...

Your kids are so stinkin cute! I love recorders. I hope they wash them really good from year to year, ha ha ha