Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Dark Creepy Weather and....lots of rain.


This past weekend the kids and I traveled to Bates Nut Farm with my dear friend Joanne and her daughter Leia. She has this tradition of trying to find the largest pumpkin in the patch. Not really, but close. After a half hour of turning pumpkins and making sure that all sides were perfect, she got a pumpkin weighing in at a whopping 114 lbs. After we got it in to her Lexus, it was time for the Munson clan to find ours. Wow, I've never seen pumpkins this big. We found it!! Our prize winning Great Pumpkin. Ours weighed in a little over 100 lbs. AWESOME! Loaded it in the Lexus and had almost 220 lbs of pumpkins in the back!! Can you believe that? So now, the question...how the heck to carve this thing? I think I might have to buy some power tools. Here are some pics from our AWESOME day!!!


1 comment:

Starbucks Mom said...

Wow, love the pumpkin pics, you look great. How's the poochie?